I’ve been playing with FASTfire BRONZclay for several months now, and I love it! It’s so easy to work with and so reliable to fire. There are several advantages to this clay over the original BRONZclay.
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages:
– Does not stain hands.
– Does not stiffen from body heat.
– Doesn’t warp or crack when dried on a heat source (dries about as fast a silver clay).
– The texture of the wet clay is silky smooth.
– It carves well and is very strong after drying, but still flexible, so links can be made from it.
– Dry pieces can be water bonded, just like silver clay. I wet the areas to be attached on both dry parts, then hold them together for a few seconds until they bond. No additional paste or clay is necessary, and the bond is very strong after firing.
– Shrinks 10% less than Original version.
– Fires in only 2 to 3 hours (depending on thickness).
– Better color after firing.
One thing that will definitely improve the clay is conditioning it with Slik. Make a thin patty from the clay, butter one side with Slik and knead it in. The clay has a much improved texture and it stays moist much longer and does not get surface cracking.
Give this clay a try! You will love it. We have all the package sizes available and you can get better prices by ordering in volume!
Order your FASTfire BRONZclay, and then get back in your studio and make something! 🙂